Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I can’t find you: Search Engine Optimization Basics for Associations (Part 1)

From SmartBlog Insights
Nice website. Shame I didn’t find it when I did research on your association’s industry.
Associations are natural thought leaders and like to be known as the “go-to-expert” for their niche. However when I ask web users, “How do you research something related to your work,” their answer is almost always “Google.”
Not “I visit my association’s website.”
Search Engine Optimization is constantly evolving with new technologies helping web users find the right websites.
Yet every day I see association websites lacking SEO basics that could help them be shown in more industry related searches.

For all intents and purposes, Google doesn’t even know the site exists. So where should you start?

No comments:

TweetMeme

Related Posts with Thumbnails